Seeking an Accounting Assistant with Deltek Vision experience. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work independently. Must have an understanding of GAAP. Capable of handling a variety of accounting functions with accuracy. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this candidate has a “no-nonsense” focus on getting the job done, although understands how serve their clients (both inside and outside the firm.) High proficiency with Excel, an ability to quickly learn a new accounting system, and a strong work ethic are necessary to perform this job successfully.
• Enter, track, process, and analyze all invoices for correct coding. Compare invoices to contracts, prior billings and verify correct billing percentages.
- Manage corporate credit card statements, receipts and payment processing.
• Set-up new vendors, including W-9 documentation and 1099 processing.
• Manage weekly check run, ensuring supporting documentation accompanies checks
• Record credit card charges and manage card accounts.
• Maintain the Accounts Payable Ledger and vendor records.
- Pay vendors and consultants on time and accurately.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE/CASH RECEIPTS
• Process cash receipts and reconcile to invoices.
• Post daily deposits accurately and timely.
• Make collection calls and prepare monthly collections report.
• Maintain the Accounts Receivable Ledger and coordinate with project managers to resolve outstanding receivables.
• Maintain accurate billing projections.
- Maintain client and consultant contracts.
- Assist with month-end close as necessary (research journal entries, etc)
• Perform some clerical duties as required.
• Assist in preparation of departmental policy and procedure manuals.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent degree/work experience.
• At least three years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience managing billing and contracts for an A/E/C.
• Intermediate to advance level Excel, as well as proficiency using a variety of computer applications (Word, Email, Internet, etc.)
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and efficiency.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve, in and out of the software.
• Positive attitude and friendly, professional demeanor.
• Ability to prioritize, coordinate and handle multiple projects to meet deadlines and follow through resolution.
Please email your resume, along with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org